What Is Black Mold?
What is black mold? Black mold is something that can potentially be very dangerous or toxic to your health. It’s important for you to know all the facts about black mold so you can go about a safe way of taking care of the problem. The scientific name for black mold is Stachybotrys chartarum. This is the type of mold that produces allergens and irritants. However, there are other types that can produce allergens and irritants as well. You need to treat any mold with caution, and stay out of areas where mold has spread and do not touch the infected are or the mold itself. Mold can make you very sick depending on the type of mold so it’s better to immediately take quick action and call professionals to take care of your problem. Call SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka at (662) 287-7881 with any question you may have or if you suspect you have a mold problem.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Corinth / Iuka immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (662) 287-7881
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Corinth / Iuka is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: