Restoring Your Commercial Property in Corinth/Iuka
Flooding and water damage events at Corinth/Iuka commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka
SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Commercial Services Needed, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Corinth/Iuka area. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
Locally Owned and Operated
Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (662) 287-7881
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Corinth/Iuka commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Commercial Services After Water Loss
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
Drywall begins to swell and break down.
Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
Furniture begins to swell and crack.
Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
A musty odor appears.
For help restoring your commercial space after a water loss, call SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka at (662) 287-7881.
We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold Problems? Call SERVPRO Today!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at (662) 287-7881
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
Stay out of affected areas.
Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
Contact SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (662) 287-7881
Fireplace Safety Tips
It’s almost that time of the year when it’s time to drink a cup of hot cocoa by the fireplace cuddled up in blankets, but fireplaces can be potentially very dangerous for you and your home. Following the tips below will help prevent any fire damage to your home.
Fireplace safety tips
• Before winter, get your chimney cleaned really well before use.
• Inspect your chimney cap regularly for damages and replace and fix anything that might be damaged.
• Keep flammable objects, such as newspapers, books, and furniture, at least two feet away from the fireplace.
• Make sure there is a fire extinguisher in your house and make sure its easily able to access.
• Have a metal screen or glass doors installed to prevent embers and ashes from shooting out of the fireplace.
• Supervise children whenever the fireplace is being used. Remind them to stay away from the fire. Keep pets at a safe distance from the fire, as well.
• Always supervise the fire and never leave it burning when you go to sleep or if you are leaving your home.
• Install and maintain smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.
When starting the fireplace:
• Remove the ashes from the previous fire but let them cool for several hours before disposing of them.
• Place crumpled paper on the grate and cover it with kindling or another Firestarter. Do not use flammable liquids to start a fireplace. Add the firewood once the kindling is burning brightly. Then, close the fire screen.
• Don’t overload the fireplace.
• Never burn plastic, garbage or other toxic materials.
Call SERVPRO today at (662)-287-7881 with any questions you may have about our fire restoration services! We are always here to help!
Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO Today!
When a devastating storm is on the move, timing is critical. SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka answers your call and jumps into action 24/7. Recognizing the trauma and emotional disruption that most people suffer with storm damage, our professional technicians at SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka work compassionately, professionally and quickly to remediate the storm damage.
Our technicians identify the full extent of storm damage, both obvious and unseen, by using sensors such as moisture detectors and hygrometers and help homeowners overcome their feeling of helplessness by explaining the property restoration process in a way that they can understand what is happening, what to expect, and what they can do.
Using state-of-the-art equipment for drying, dehumidifying, deodorizing, and disinfecting, SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka restores a home or business with minimal disruption so that people can get back to their normal lives.
If you have experienced storm damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka 24/7 for all of your storm damage property restoration needs at 662-287-7881!
Holiday Fire Safety
Christmas trees are a very popular part of celebrating the holiday season. While Christmas tree fires are uncommon, the ensuing damage can be severe. Moreover, half of the reported Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical malfunctions and heat sources. Follow these tips to prevent Christmas tree fires in your home:
If you’re using a real Christmas tree, cut 2 inches from the base of the trunk before placing in the stand. This allows the tree to better absorb water.
Water the tree daily to make sure it stays hydrated. If your tree is about 6 feet tall, add about 1 gallon of water to the tree stand every day.
Keep the tree at a safe distance away from any heat source, such as radiators, fireplaces, lights or candles.
Ensure the tree is not blocking exits or footpaths, so it won’t get knocked over.
To decorate the tree, use only lights that are rated for indoor use. Also check for the label of an independent testing laboratory, such as Underwriters’ Laboratory (UL).
Before using lights, ensure there are no frayed wires, broken bulbs and cords, cracked sockets or loose bulb connections.
Don’t overload electrical outlets or extension cords. Plug lights into different circuits around your home.
Turn off the Christmas lights when going to bed or leaving home.
Never use burning candles to decorate a tree. Use battery-operated, flameless LED candles instead.
After Christmas, or when the real tree dries out and starts dropping needles, discard it. Dry trees are a fire hazard, so don’t keep yours in the home or garage. Find a recycling program in your community.
For increased Christmas tree safety, consider purchasing a Christmas tree safety system. These devices warn you when there is low water in the tree stand or if a fire starts. Even if you use such a safety system, always make sure your smoke alarms are working and test them monthly.
Enjoy a safe holiday season by being vigilant of fire hazards in your home. For professional emergency smoke damage repair or fire damage repair, contact your local SERVPRO office at (662)-287-7881
Protecting Hardwood Floors From Water Damage
Water can potentially be very harmful for hardwood floors. After a water damage, your best chance of recovering your flooring is to hire SERVPRO as soon as possible. However, failing to call immediately, moisture can build up and cause irreversible damage.
Tips To Protect Your Hardwood Floors
• Remove wet, moist, or damp items, such as carpets, clothes, boots, or appliances.
• Wipe up any spills from the surface immediately to prevent the liquid from soaking into the floor.
• Inspect the plumbing in your home and fix any leaks that might contribute to water getting onto the floors surface.
• Controlling the humidity in your home could really be helpful.
• Re-do the sealant on your hardwood floors periodically.
• When cleaning hardwood floors, use products that are specifically made for hardwood floors. If spills happen on hardwood floors clean them up don’t leave them sitting there.
• When mopping hardwood floors do not use a soaked mop head only use a damp or just enough to get the floors clean.
Call SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration Services
Water damage in homes may appear as a minor loss, but it can lead to bigger issues with home and personal health. Timing is crucial call immediately after discovering water damage. Call SERVPRO right away for licensed and certified technicians who are glad to help with any water damage issues you may have! Remember we are always here to help! Call SERVPRO today at (662)-287-7881!
Candle Lighting Safety Tips
It’s that time of the year whenever the smell of fall and wintery candles fill the homes of our loved ones and friends with the delightful scents, but candles can be very dangerous for your home if you don’t know how to handle them properly. Always remember that open flames are potential fire hazards.
• Burn candles in well-ventilated rooms. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room..
• Keep candles away from flammable objects, like furniture, curtains, paper, plants, or electronics.
• Burn candles on heat-resistant surfaces.
• Keep lit candles apart from one another so they can’t potentially melt each other
• Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
• Always supervise candles do not leave them lit when you leave home.
• Don’t use candles in bedrooms or other sleeping areas.
• Don’t move candles when they’re burning you could potentially drop the candle and cause a fire.
• Avoid using candles during a power outage. Using or handling candles in the dark increases the risk of fire or injuries. Use flashlights and battery-powered lighting instead.
• Consider replacing burning candles with other products like Scentsys that just heat and melt the wax instead of their being an open flame.
If you have any questions about our fire restoration services you can call SERVPRO at (662)-287-7881 today! Remember we are always here to help!