Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The first question customers normally have is what can I do until service can arrive on site? Well the first thing you need to focus on is your safety and your family’s safety. You need to make sure it’s safe to stay in your home if not then you need to find a place to go until service can arrive to fix the issue and get you back into your home as quickly as possible. Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most main concerns. We do not want our customers to get hurt in a hazardous area we wont to prevent any accidents from happening. If the home is safer to stay in just make sure that the rooms that are affected to stay out of those areas until service can get there. Strictly only do activities that are safe to preform do not try to do anything that could cause further damage or cause you or one of your family members to get hurt. Stay safe, or leave the home until SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka can come and act quickly a find the source of the water. Call SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka at (662) 287-7881 we are available 24/7 and we are always here to help!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (662) 287-7881
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.