Winter Storm Damage
We are slowly approaching winter season! That means frozen pipes could happen in your home. SERVPRO is here to help with any winter storm damage you have!
Damage from Cold Weather or Winter Storm?
In Corinth/Iuka and surrounding areas, cold weather and ice can cause severe damage to your home or business. When these types of disasters strike, immediate action is necessary to prevent additional damage to your property. SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka has the expertise, and the resources to remediate damage caused by winter weather.
SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
Extreme cold weather can cause pipes to freeze and burst. In general, pipes are more likely to freeze when the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The resulting water damage can be extensive. Outdoor pipes and pipes in unheated areas of the home can freeze if they are not properly insulated or if temperatures are severely cold. SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka can quickly and safely repair water damage caused by frozen pipes.
Pipes in unheated or partially heated areas are also at risk of freezing, including:
- Crawl spaces
An ice dam is formed when snow melts unevenly on a roof and refreezes into a dam at the edge of the roof, near the eaves. This dam prevents any further snowmelt from draining off of the roof. This standing water can back up under shingles, leak into a home, and cause significant water damage to ceilings, walls, and other areas. Ice dams can also tear off gutters and loosen shingles.
Snow and ice can cause significant damage to your gutters and roof. The additional weight of snow and ice can even cause a roof to collapse. When there’s a cold snap, water can get into cracks and small spaces and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks and more damage. The repetition of freezing and thawing cycles can cause small cracks to get larger.
Why Choose a SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka?
- We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka is dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
- We're Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists. SERVPRO of Corinth/Iuka specializes in water damage restoration. We have extensive water damage restoration training that helps you get back to normal more quickly.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
Regardless of the Winter Storm, We Can Help! Give us a call at 662-287-7881!