Candle Lighting Safety Tips
It’s that time of the year whenever the smell of fall and wintery candles fill the homes of our loved ones and friends with the delightful scents, but candles can be very dangerous for your home if you don’t know how to handle them properly. Always remember that open flames are potential fire hazards.
• Burn candles in well-ventilated rooms. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room..
• Keep candles away from flammable objects, like furniture, curtains, paper, plants, or electronics.
• Burn candles on heat-resistant surfaces.
• Keep lit candles apart from one another so they can’t potentially melt each other
• Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
• Always supervise candles do not leave them lit when you leave home.
• Don’t use candles in bedrooms or other sleeping areas.
• Don’t move candles when they’re burning you could potentially drop the candle and cause a fire.
• Avoid using candles during a power outage. Using or handling candles in the dark increases the risk of fire or injuries. Use flashlights and battery-powered lighting instead.
• Consider replacing burning candles with other products like Scentsys that just heat and melt the wax instead of their being an open flame.
If you have any questions about our fire restoration services you can call SERVPRO at (662)-287-7881 today! Remember we are always here to help!