Protecting Hardwood Floors From Water Damage
Water can potentially be very harmful for hardwood floors. After a water damage, your best chance of recovering your flooring is to hire SERVPRO as soon as possible. However, failing to call immediately, moisture can build up and cause irreversible damage.
Tips To Protect Your Hardwood Floors
• Remove wet, moist, or damp items, such as carpets, clothes, boots, or appliances.
• Wipe up any spills from the surface immediately to prevent the liquid from soaking into the floor.
• Inspect the plumbing in your home and fix any leaks that might contribute to water getting onto the floors surface.
• Controlling the humidity in your home could really be helpful.
• Re-do the sealant on your hardwood floors periodically.
• When cleaning hardwood floors, use products that are specifically made for hardwood floors. If spills happen on hardwood floors clean them up don’t leave them sitting there.
• When mopping hardwood floors do not use a soaked mop head only use a damp or just enough to get the floors clean.
Call SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration Services
Water damage in homes may appear as a minor loss, but it can lead to bigger issues with home and personal health. Timing is crucial call immediately after discovering water damage. Call SERVPRO right away for licensed and certified technicians who are glad to help with any water damage issues you may have! Remember we are always here to help! Call SERVPRO today at (662)-287-7881!